Funeral Pre Arrangement Process & Why We Plan Ahead
We've had the privilege of assisting many families with their funeral pre-planning. During the time we've spent with them, we've learned more about the reasons behind their decision to take funeral pre-planning seriously.
What We've Heard Over the Years
Pre-planning my funeral was my way of showing my family just how much I love them.
In pre-paying for my funeral arrangements, I've lessened the financial burden on those people I leave behind.
I'm very independent and have always made all my own decisions.
Some say I like to be in control of everything and they're right!
This way my family knows exactly what I want. No one has to get angry or fight, and no one has to feel guilty about making the wrong decision. When I'm gone, they will know what I want.
I remember when my mother died. None of us kids knew what to do and absolutely none of us knew what she wanted. No one bothered to ask! I'm just not going to wait for my kids to ask me what I want. I'm going to tell them.
I guess it's because I want things done my way. I want to provide my funeral pre-arrangements to our local funeral home to make sure I get what I want.
These are just a few of the comments we've heard during funeral pre-arrangements. Chances are pretty good that some of these statements are true for you as well.
Take care of all the funeral pre-arrangement details and give you and your family the peace-of-mind you deserve.
The Basics of Planning
Here's a break-down of the funeral process:
In the case of funeral pre-arrangement, another two important steps are involved:
Write out your plan with as many details as possible.
Send your plan to the funeral home and provide a copy to your executor.
There are two ways for you to complete your funeral pre-arrangement plan.
The Benefits for Pre-Paid Funeral Arrangements
There are many benefits to end-of-life planning. Here are the top ten reasons why you should consider making your funeral arrangements ahead of time:
1. It means there will be fewer opportunities for argument and indecision about your funeral arrangements among family members after you're gone.
2. Your survivors will never have to worry about doing the wrong thing when finalizing your funeral arrangements. You will have told them exactly what you want.
3. No mistakes and no oversights. After you're gone, everything will be done your way.
4. You have peace-of-mind now knowing that we will follow through with your wishes.
5. After your death, no one can make any decisions you wouldn't want.
6. Funeral pre-planning is the responsible thing to do. It removes the burden from family members.
7. You can make complex decisions ahead of time when you have the time to think things through.
8. Funeral pre-planning can involve pre-payment. This will save your family money and avoid any financial burdens.
9. Funeral pre-planning involves an awareness of the reality of death.
10. You are almost guaranteed to get what you want.
Using the Online Pre Arrangement Process Tool
This website features Pre-Arrange Online, a step-by-step interactive form that can be used to record your end-of-life plan and send the completed form to our staff for safekeeping. You'll be asked to create an account with a username and password so you can login at any time to complete or change the plan.Let Us Help
If you're ready to begin funeral pre-planning, the first can be taken in the privacy of your own home by using our online funeral pre-planning tool, pre-arrange online. Or, if you'd rather have guidance from one of our funeral pre-planning specialists, call us at (801) 405-7444.