Funeral and Burial Services
Pricing & Packages
Grief & Guidance
Use the form above to find your loved one. You can search using the name of your loved one, or any family name for current or past services entrusted to our firm.Click here to view all obituaries
We've put together this funeral pre planning checklist to help you.
Here is a list to get you started:
• Create a contact list of everyone who should be notified in a medical emergency or death including the name of your funeral home.
• Give your executor(s) a copy of your will and the contact list.
• Give your executor(s) a list of bank and investment accounts, creditors, mortgage or lien information, insurance policies, retirement plans, safe deposit boxes, real and personal properties of value and all related telephone numbers.
• If you are receiving benefits from Social Security or the Veterans' Administration, your executor needs that information to suspend benefit payments.
• Select someone you trust to deal with your online accounts: email, online memberships, and social media. Include all relevant information and whether or not they should delete, close, or keep any of the accounts.
We suggest the following:
• Make note of all the details you want mentioned in your obituary. You could even take this one step further and write your own obituary.
State, in writing, your preferences for burial or cremation.
• If burial is preferred, provide the details of the cemetery arrangements. If you have not purchased a burial plot, this is the time to do so.
I• f you have chosen burial, what type of casket would you like? Should it be made of wood, metal, or composite materials?
If you choose cremation, what do you want done with the ashes?
• Would you like a traditional funeral, memorial service, or celebration-of-life?
If you'd like a celebration-of-life, what location would you suggest for this event?
• What special activities would you prefer at a celebration-of-life?
• What music or special readings would you prefer?
• What type and colors of flowers would you prefer?
• Would you like to select a charitable organization to receive donations in your name?
• If you're a veteran, would you like to receive full military honors as part of your service? Would you like to be buried in the grounds of a veterans' cemetery?
If you share your life with animal companions, you should think about who you would like to take care of your pets. Consult with the person to see if this is something they are interested in doing for you and then write down your intentions and include all contact information. This should be signed and witnessed, and then given to your executor.
Final Tasks in Funeral Pre Planning
In addition to your will, the contact list, and the list of all your online account login details and related documents should be provided to your executor.
Finally, you may want to consider paying ahead of time for your funeral choices. Speak to us about how your pre-payment monies will be handled.
Before You Leave
You will have the peace-of-mind knowing all the details are written down and there can be no mistaking your wishes. If you need help - we're here for you. Call us today at (801) 405-7444.